Data Protection Act 1998
We are registered under the Data Protection Act 1998 (registration number is A8132769) and abide by the eight Data Protection principles set out in the Act.
Please direct enquiries to the Managing Director at:
- Building 10
- Bothwell Bridge Business Park
- ML3 0FD
Transfer of data outside of the European Union
Green Cross training do not operate outside of the European Union.
Collection of personal data
We will only require you to provide us with the personal information appropriate for us to complete specific tasks, for example, when you place an order we require you to provide us with sufficient personal information so that we may process your order, despatch it to you and also so that we may contact you in the event of a problem or to draw your attention to related goods or services.
Use of your information and your preferences
We will use your information to provide and personalise our service. We will use your contact details to communicate with you. We may use your information to send you offers and news about our products and services. We share limited information (name and D.O.B only with an awarding body for certification). We do not share your information with any other organisation. Please note that there may be instances where it may be necessary for us to communicate with you, in any event, for administrative or operational reasons relating to our services.
Disclosure of your information
We will only disclose your information in the manner permitted by our registration or where required to do so by law.
To make full use of the online shopping and personalised features on Green Cross training Ltd website (greencrosstraining.co.uk, greencrosstraining.com) your computer, tablet or mobile phone will need to accept cookies, as we can only provide you with certain personalised features of this website by using them.
Our cookies don’t store sensitive information such as your name, address or payment details: they simply hold the ‘key’ that, once you’re signed in, is associated with this information. However, if you’d prefer to restrict, block or delete cookies from Green Cross Training you can use your browser to do this. Each browser is different, so check the ‘Help’ menu of your particular browser (or your mobile phone’s handset manual) to learn how to change your cookie preferences.
More information about cookies and how to control how they are set can be found at www.allaboutcookies.org
Our website uses two types of cookies:
We use functionality cookies to allow the site to recognise you when you return to our pages or if you login whilst you are on the site, to remember you until you close your web browser. These cookies let us know your preferences and allow you to skip tasks you have already carried out such as completing form information. The functionality cookies we place on your computer only contain a reference so that we can access your personal information. No personal information is contained within the cookies.
Third-party cookies & Embedded content
We sometimes embed photos and video content from websites such as YouTube. As a result, when you visit a page containing such content, you may be presented with cookies from these websites. Green Cross Training Ltd does not control the dissemination of these cookies and you should check the relevant third party’s website for more information.
Green Cross Training Ltd also uses embedded ‘share’ buttons on some of our web pages; these enable users to easily share content with their friends through a number of popular social networks. When you click on one of these buttons, a cookie may be set by the service you have chosen to share content through. Again, Green Cross Training Ltd does not control the dissemination of these cookies.
Privacy of personal data
We aim to protect the security of your personal data at all times. We aim to accomplish this by using a combination of methods including, but not limited to:
- Whenever your personal information is exchanged between your web browser and our web server we use highly effective methods of encryption – this is currently 128 bit SSL (secure sockets layer) encryption. This makes it extremely difficult for someone to intercept and read the information being passed between your web browser and our web server.
Data Protection (GDPR) updated 20th February 2018
As a UK based business, our handling of your information is controlled by the UK Data Protection Act 1998 (as of May 25th 2018 this will become the GDPR). We, therefore, take great care to protect your personal information or anything which might identify you personally such as:
- First name and last name and D.O.B
- Email address
- Organisation information (e.g. Name, Address, Telephone number)
For the purposes of this document, “personal data”, ” processing “, “data controller” and ” data processor ” have the meanings ascribed to them in the Data Protection Legislation(GDPR). To the extent that Green Cross Training Ltd is deemed to be a data processor in respect of personal data processed under the contractual agreement Green Cross Training Ltd shall:
- process personal data lawfully, fairly, and transparently, in accordance with the GDPR;
- provide full details of what data is needed, why it’s needed, and for how long it will be kept, and this information shall be given at the point it is collected;
- never take more data than is necessary for Green Cross Training Ltd to fulfil its contractual obligations, and to delete it when it is no longer needed;
- make all data available for alteration, transfer, deletion, or restriction upon request by the data subject;
- implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to safeguard the personal data from unauthorised or unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction or damage
- obtain, use, process and disclose personal data in the performance of its obligations under the Agreement only.
In particular, but without limitation, each party shall:
- only carry out processing of such data in accordance with the others instructions
- only disclose it to or allow access to it by those of its employees (or agents or subcontractors) who are familiar with data protection requirements and whose use of such data relates to their job or function
- assist the other with all subject information requests received from data subjects.
For the avoidance of doubt, neither party (or its agents or subcontractors) shall acquire any rights in any of the other’s personal data or sensitive personal data and shall only be entitled to process it in accordance with its contractual obligations. On termination of the contract each party (or its agents or subcontractors) shall immediately cease to use the same and shall arrange for its safe return or destruction as shall be agreed with the other at the relevant time. Each party confirms that it owns, or has all necessary rights in the use of, all intellectual property in relation to the Services and each acknowledges that such intellectual property shall remain the property of, or the rights in the use of shall remain with the originating party, unless otherwise agreed in writing between the authorised representatives Green Cross Training Ltd and the purchaser.
Each party agrees to indemnify the other against any actions, costs, liabilities, losses, damages and expenses which the other may suffer or incur as a result of any claim by a third party in relation to ownership or use of any relevant intellectual property, provided by the other party.
We periodically appoint digital marketing agents to conduct marketing activities on our behalf, such activity may result in the compliant processing of personal information. Our appointed data processors include:
You have the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. Requests should be made in writing via the contact details provided above.